As Kentucky prepares to implement the new federal education law known as the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) in 2017, Kentucky Commissioner of Education Stephen Pruitt is hosting a series of Education Town Hall Meetings to determine how Kentuckians define school success.
- What do you expect from our schools?
- What school characteristics are most important?
- How should we measure school success?
- How do we ensure all schools are successful?
- How should we celebrate school success?
This listening tour is your opportunity to provide input to the Kentucky Department of Education on the design of a new education accountability system that will be used as the basis to improve our schools and celebrate their educational progress. The goal is to produce a system that is fair, reliable, valid and easier to understand.
You also may submit your thoughts on the above questions to KyEdListens@education.ky.gov.