Keep up to date with the ​​​​​​​​most recent Flooding Resources available at

Missing Persons- How to report it

The Kentucky State Police is working diligently to respond to areas of Eastern Kentucky affected by extreme flooding. Troopers continue to work to preserve life and conduct rescue missions, and they remain committed to assisting those in need. Please dial 911 only if you have an emergency.


If you wish to report a missing loved one in the counties of Breathitt, Perry, Knott, Letcher or Leslie counties, contact Post 13 Hazard at 606-435-6069​​.

If you wish to report a missing loved one in the counties of Magoffin, Johnson, Martin, Floyd, or Pike counties, contact Post 9 Pikeville at 606-433-7711.

If you wish to report a missing loved one in the counties of Jackson, Owsley, or Lee counties, contact Post 7 Richmond at 859-623-2404.

If you wish to report a missing loved one in the counties of Wolfe or Morgan counties, contact Post 8 Morehead at 606-784-4127.

If you wish to report a missing loved one in Harlan County, contact Post 10 Harlan at 606-573-3131.

Email: If you are unable to get through to the appropriate KSP post, you may report a missing loved one by sending an email to and include the following information:

Your name (first, last)
Your phone number
Missing loved ones name (first, last)
Missing loved ones county of residence
Missing loved ones description (gender, age, race, etc.)
Missing loved ones home address, and phone number (if known).
This information will be forwarded to the appropriate KSP Post for further investigation.​​

Housing – Emergency Shelters

Clay County
Manchester Pentecostal Church
209 Main Street, Manchester KY 40962

Floyd County
Floyd County Community Center
7199 KY-80, Langley KY 41645

Johnson County
Hazard Community and Technical College – Lees College Campus
680 Jefferson Avenue, Johnson KY 41339

Knott County
Camp Nathanael
480 Camp Nathanael Road, Emmalena KY 41740

Hindman Settlement School
51 Center Street, Hindman KY 41822

Leslie County
W.B. Muncy Elementary School
140 Pirate Drive, Wooton KY 41776

Letcher County
Letcher County Extension Office
478 Extension Drive, Whitesburg KY 41858​

The Mountain Shrine Club
95 Maryland Drive, Whitesburg KY 41858​

Perry County
Gospel Light Baptist Church
100 Independence Drive, Hazard KY 41701

Roy G. Eversole Elementary School
601 Broadway Street, Hazard KY 41701

Housing – Temporary Housing – Kentucky State Parks

​Buckhorn Lake State Resort Park​

Jenny Wiley State Resort Park

Pine Mountain State Resort Park

Sheltering – Eastern Kentucky Sheltering Program

​Tr​avel trailers through the Eastern Kentucky Sheltering Program are available to survivors whose homes were majorly damaged, destroyed, or deemed not habitable in one of the eight counties designated for FEMA Individual Assistance in the July flooding event (Breathitt, Clay, Floyd, Knott, Letcher, Owsley, Perry, and Pike). The program will provide temporary shelters to survivors who are unable to locate rental homes or apartments. To be eligible, survivors must register for FEMA assistance, be seeking shelter in their eligible county, and agree to the program terms.

Water and Food – Points of Distribution (Kentucky National Guard)

​Breathitt County
First Church of God – 1772 KY-30 W, Jackson KY 41339

Letcher County
Fleming-Neon Water Co./City Hall – 955 KY-317, Neon KY 41840​
Jenkins Middle High School – 269 State Hwy 3086, Jenkins KY 41537
Letcher Central High School – 435 Cougar Drive, Whitesburg KY 41858​

Perry County
Warehouse – KY Hwy 15 North ​at Terrace View Drive, Hazard KY

Food Assistance (SNAP)

The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Nutrition Service has approved three waivers.​​

  • The first waiver provides flood victims in Breathitt, Clay, Floyd, Johnson, Knott, Leslie, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, Owsley, Perry, Pike, Whitley and Wolfe counties until Aug. 31 to request the replacement of food. Typically, people have only 10 days to report food loss.
  • The second waiver allows the purchase of hot foods for a 30-day period. This will help the residents of several counties that qualify for Individual Assistance. Counties include Breathitt, Clay, Floyd, Knott, Letcher, Perry and Pike. It also covers surrounding counties: Bell, Harlan, Jackson, Johnson, Knox, Lawrence, Laurel, Lee, Leslie, Magoffin, Martin, McCreary, Morgan, Owsley, Whitley and Wolfe.
  • ​​The third waiver extends SNAP certification periods an additional 6 months for households in Breathitt, Clay, Floyd, Knott,Leslie, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, Owsley, Perry, Pike, and Whitley Counties. This allowance from the USDA’s Food Nutrition Service extends certification periods and adjusts report submission dates for ongoing SNAP households who are due for recertification or periodic reporting.

SNAP recipients who lost food due to floods or power outages of at least four hours may call the Department for Community Based Services at 855-306-8959 to request replacement.​

Emergency Prescription Drug Assistance

Uninsured Kentuckians living in certain zip codes affected by recent flooding and mudslides may be eligible to have certain prescriptions replaced at no cost to them through the Emergency Prescription Assistance Program. The program makes a 30-day supply of covered medications available to uninsured residents at any participating pharmacy. Under the program, replacements for durable medical equipment and supplies, such as walkers, wheelchairs and oxygen tanks may be covered.

To see if you qualify, ​​​call 855-793-7470. Assistance is available through Oct. 4, 2022.

CountyAuthorized Zip Codes​
Breathitt41310, 41317, 4133​9, 41348, 41366, 41385, 41390
Clay​40913, 40914, 40931, 40932, 40941, 40944, 40951, 40962, 40972, 40983
​Floyd41216, 41601, 41602, ​41603, 41604, 41605, 41606, 41607, 41612, 41615, 41616, 41619, 41621, 41622, 41630, 41631, 41635, 41636, 41640, 41642, 41645, 41647, 41649, 41650, 41651, 41653, 41655, 41659, 41660, 41663, 41666, 41667, 41669
Johnson41204, 41219, 41222, 41226, 41234, 41238, 41240, 41254, 41255, 41256, 41257, 41260, 41263, 41265, 41268, 41271, 41274​
​Knott41643, 41725, 41740, 41743, 41759, 41772, 41817, 41822, 41828, 41831, 41834, 41836, 41839, 41843, 41844, 41847, 41859, 41861, 41862​
​Leslie​40803, 40816, 40827, 40840, 40844, 40858, 40868, 40874, 40979, 41714, 41749, 41762, 41764, 41766, 41775, 41776, 41777
​​Letcher​40826, 40862, 41517, 41537, 41804, 41810, 41812, 41815, 41819, 41821, 41824, 41825, 41826, 41832, 41833, 41835, 41837, 41838, 41840, 41845, 41848, 41849, 41855, 41858
Magoffin​41426, 41433, 41464, 41465, 41632
​Martin41203, 41214, 41224, 41231, 41250, 41262, 41267​
​Owsley​41314, 41338, 41351, 41364 41386
​Perry​40981, 41367, 41701, 41702, 41712, 41713, 41719, 41721, 41722, 41723, 41727, 41729, 41731, 41735, 41736, 41739, 41745, 41746, 41747, 41751, 41754, 41760, 41763, 41773, 41774, 41778
Pike​40312, 40376, 40380
Wolfe​41301, 41313, 41332, 41360, 41​365​​

Prescription / Medical Assistance

Members in a 1915c Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) waiver program or nursing facilities should call 1-844-784-5614 or email Call center staff are prepared to help complete forms to request assistance. For HCBS waiver pharmacy assistance, call Magellan at 1-800-635-2570.

Members with a Managed Care Organization (MCO) such as Aetna; Anthem; Humana; Passport by Molina; UnitedHealthcare or WellCare should contact their member services listed on their member card for assistance or dial the following numbers:

  • Aetna: 1-855-300-5528
  • Anthem: 1-855-690-7784
  • Humana: 1-800-444-9137
  • Passport by Molina: 1-800-578-0603
  • WellCare: 1-877-389-9457
  • UnitedHealthcare: 1-866-293-1796​

For MCO pharmacy assistance, call MedImpact at 1-800-210-7628.​

Mental Health Services

988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
Crisis Line: 988

Kentuckians in crisis can now connect with suicide prevention, mental health and substance abuse counselors using a nationwide, easier-to-dial phone number – 988. Phone service providers will now direct 988 calls to the existing national lifeline with its 13 Kentucky call centers. And connection to additional crisis services will be provided if necessary. Like 911 and other national, 3-digit phone numbers, 988 was created to be easier to remember and make crisis care easier to access. Available 24/7/365 and free-of-charge, callers to 988 will connect with a compassionate, highly trained counselor who can help address their issues as smoothly as possible. Counselors are part of a Kentucky network of call centers linked to other invaluable, lifesaving services. This helps get callers connected quickly to the right kind of help.​​

Disaster Distress Helpline
Crisis line: 1-800-985-5990 (also available for Voice Phone-VP); Spanish-speakers can press “2″ for 24/7 bilingual services.

​The Disaster Distress Helpline (DDH) is a 24/7, year-round, confidential, multilingual crisis counseling and emotional support resource for survivors, responders, and anyone in the U.S./territories struggling with distress or other mental health concerns related to any natural or human-caused disaster. Calls and texts to 1-800-985-5990 are answered by trained counselors from a network of independently operated crisis centers located across the country. To connect directly to an agent in American Sign Language, click the “ASL Now” button below or call 1-800-985-5990 from your videophone. ASL Support is available 24/7.

Cumberland River Community Care
Crisis Line: 988

Cumberland River Behavioral Health is a nonprofit community mental health center whose mission is to ensure all members of our community an opportunity to achieve their highest potential for living satisfying, productive, and valued lives. They are dedicated to planning and providing quality mental health, developmental and intellectual disabilities, and substance use services in our eight-county service area, including Bell, Clay, Harlan, Jackson, Knox, Laurel, Rockcastle and Whitley counties. Cumberland River Behavioral Health encourages individuals to be active participants, along with family and other interested supporters, in the development of their recovery goals based on the individual needs of each person. Our services are confidential, sensitive to cultural needs and differences. Payment is based on ability to pay.

Kentucky River Community Care
Crisis Line: 800-262-7491

Kentucky River Community Care, Inc. (KRCC), a multisite behavioral health center located in the Appalachian Mountains of rural southeast Kentucky, dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the people of our region. The Community Mental Health serves residents of Breathitt, Knott, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Owsley, Perry and Wolfe counties. The KRCC Open Access system allows clients to determine when and where they would like to receive their initial service visit with a behavioral health clinician. Clients may walk in to any of KRCC’s outpatient offices for assistance or schedule an appointment on a day and time that is convenient for them.

Mountain Comprehensive Care Center
Crisis Line: 800-422-1060

Mountain Comprehensive Care Center’s mission is to provide quality behavioral healthcare that offers recovery and hope. Its programs have been developed to address the most pressing issues affecting people from all walks of life within our region. The organization believes that everyone should be treated with dignity and respect. The programs below encompass a broad array of services that share a common goal: to help you gain control of difficulties in your life so that you can focus on what matters the most.

Kentucky Community Crisis Response Board 
24-Hour Response Request: 888-522-7228

The Kentucky Community Crisis Response Board provides the entire spectrum of critical incident stress management services from pre-incident training, acute crisis response, and post-incident support to emergency services personnel who have encountered a traumatic event. Traumatic events include line of duty deaths, multicasualty incidents, use of deadly force, suicide of a first responder, events involving children, prolonged incidents, terrorism and any other overwhelming event.

These services are provided at no cost in attempt to prevent the destructive effects of emotional trauma, job related stress, and accelerate recovery from critical incidents before stress reactions can negatively impact an individual’s career, health and family.

FEMA Mobile Registration Centers

​Five FEMA mobile registration centers are now open in Breathitt, Clay, Floyd, Knott, Letcher, Perry and Pike counties to help Kentucky flood survivors who experienced uninsured loss from the flooding that began July 26.

Flood survivors who live in those counties can go to any of the centers to get help applying for FEMA assistance.

Hours for all the centers are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily unless otherwise noted.

Breathitt County
421 Jett Drive, Jackson KY 41339

Marie Roberts Elementary School, 115 Red Skin Run, Lost Creek KY 41348
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Aug. 10

Clay County
Clay Community Center, 311 Highway 638, Manchester KY 40962

Floyd County
Martin Community Center, 7199 KY Rte. 80, Langley KY 41645

Knott County
Knott County Sportsplex, 450 Kenny Champion Loop #8765, Leburn KY 41831

Letcher County
Letcher County Recreation Center, 1505 Jenkins Rd., Whitesburg KY 41858

Owsley County
99 Country Barn Road, Booneville KY 41314

Perry County
Hazard Community and Technical College, 1 Community College Drive, Hazard KY 41701

Pike County
15308 US 23 S., Jenkins KY 41537

FEMA representatives will be at the centers to help with applications for federal assistance and provide information about other disaster recovery resources.

FEMA financial assistance may include money for temporary housing, basic home repairs or other uninsured, disaster-related needs such as childcare, transportation and medical, funeral or dental expenses.

It is not necessary to go to a mobile center to apply for FEMA assistance. Homeowners and renters in Breathitt, Clay, Floyd, Knott, Leslie, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, Owsley, Perry, Pike and ​Whitley​ counties can go online to disasterassistance.govcall 800-621-3362 or use the FEMA mobile app. If you use a relay service, such as video relay (VRS), captioned telephone or other service, give FEMA the number for that service.

When applying for assistance, it’s important to have some critical information in hand:

  • A current phone number where you can be contacted;
  • Your address at the time of the disaster and the address where you are now staying;
  • Your Social Security number;
  • A general list of damage and losses;
  • Banking information if you choose direct deposit; and
  • If insured, the policy number or the agent and/or the company name.

For an accessible video on how to apply for assistance go to FEMA Accessible: How to Register with Disaster Survivor Assistance – YouTube.

Disaster Unemployment Assistance

​Residents in the 11 Eastern Kentucky counties that have been approved for individual assistance from FEMA can begin applying immediately for Disaster Unemployment Assistance. 

Impacted residents in any of these counties – Breathitt, Clay, Floyd, Knott, Leslie, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, Owsley, Perry, Pike and Whitley  – can file a claim for Disaster Unemployment Assistance benefits online through the Kentucky Career Center website or by phone at (502) 875-0442.

You DO NOT need to appear in person to file a Disaster Unemployment Assistance claim. In-person assistance is available at the following Disaster Recovery Centers:

  • Breathitt County
    Breathitt County Library, 1024 College Ave., Jackson KY
    9-5 p.m.
  • Floyd County
    Christian Appalachian Project Foley Community Center, 94 Academy Way, Martin KY
    12-5 p.m.
  • Knott County
    Knott County Sportsplex, 450 Kenny Champion Loop #8765 in Leburn KY
    9-5 p.m.
  • Letcher County
    Letcher County Recreation Center, 1505 Jenkins Road, Whitesburg KY
    9-5 p.m.
  • Perry County
    Hazard Community and Technical College, 1 Community College Drive, Hazard KY
    10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
  • Pike County
    Dorton Community Center, 112 Dorton Hill Rd. Jenkins KY 41722
    10 a.m. – 4 p.m.

You​​ may also get in-person assistance at the mobile unit at the following locations:

  • ​Saturday, Aug. 13, 2-6 p.m. – Hazard
    Lowe’s, 81 Commerce Drive, Hazard KY 41701
  • Sunday, Aug. 14, 12-5 p.m. – Pikeville
    Food City, 2138 Mayo Trail, Pikeville KY 41501
  • Monday, Aug. 15, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Prestonsburg
    Food City, 429 University Drive, Prestonsburg KY 41653

Please be aware that Unemployment Insurance staff will only handle Disaster Unemployment Assistance claims at these locations.

Claimants who need assistance with other Unemployment Insurance claims can contact the agency’s call center at (502) 564-2900 or schedule an in-person or phone appointment with any regional career center office on the KCC website to receive help with those claims.

Caregiver Support Services

​Benefits and support services to informal caregivers of people 60 years of age or older, an individual with Alzheimer’s disease or a related disorder and also for grandparents and relatives age 55 or older caring for a relative child no older than 18 years of age related by birth, marriage or adoption

Phone: Phone:(502) 564-6930
Printable Resource: National Family Caregiver Support Program​

Long-term Care Facilities/Ombudsman Support

Families m​​ay contact long-term care facilities and/or the Office of the Ombudsman in the Cabinet for Health and Family Services for assistance, including information relating to the relocation of family members due to flooding, water levels and power outages. Long-term care ombudsmen representing the Kentucky River and Big Sandy districts may also be contacted.

Office of the Ombudsman:​
Long-term care ombudsman’s hotline: (800) 372-2991​
Kentucky River Ombudsman: Shelia Cornett, (606) 436-3158
Big Sandy Ombudsman: Shelly Akers, (606) 886-2374, ext. 335​

Kentucky River Area Development District

Local Phone: (606) 436-3158
Toll Free: 1-888-875-3158
Aging and Disability Resource Center Coordinator Contact:  1-800-928-5723​

KRADD supports many programs for the elderly population in the region. The aging programs offered in the Kentucky River Region include: Title III B (supportive services), disease prevention and health promotion services, Title V Senior Community Service Employment Program, Title III C1 & C2 (Congregate and Home Delivered Meals), Homecare Services for individuals over age 60, Family Caregiver Program for individuals caring for a 60+ individual or an individual age 55 or older caring for a grandchild under age 18, and  long-term care ombudsman Services to assist nursing home residents and their families. KRADD serves the following counties:

  • Breathitt
  • Knott
  • Lee
  • Leslie
  • Letcher
  • Owsley
  • Perry

Assistance for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing

​Disaster resources are available for the deaf and hard of hearing in Eastern Kentucky and assistance for those who need an interpreter or captioner for communication with FEMA or the Red Cross.

Website: KCDHH: How to Apply
Address: 632 Versailles Road, Frankfort, KY 40601
Phone: 502-573-2604 V | 502-416-0607 VP | 800-372-2907 Toll Free

Birth / Death / Stillbirth / Marriage / Divorce Certificate Replacement

​The Office of Vital Statistics records and provides for each person born in Kentucky a means of establishing legal identity, age, parentage, and nationality. It also makes available a legal document of the date, place, and cause of every death. Fees will be waived temporarily associated with certificates of (birth, death, etc.) from flood-impacted areas.

Applications are provided in both English and Spanish, and may be found on the following web pages. 

Click the appropriate link below for Disaster Relief Applications (these are fillable forms).

Birth application (English and Spanish)

Stillbirth application (English and Spanish)

Death application (English and Spanish)

Marriage/Divorce application (English and Spanish)

There are three (3) options to provide your order to Vital Statistics prior to October 31, 2022. 

Option 1: Fax completed applications to Vital Statistics at 502-564-3318.

Option 2: Email to .

Option 3: Mail to Vital Statistics, 275 East Main Street, 1E-A,  Frankfort, KY 40621.

Application requests for Eastern KY Flood Relief 2022 will expire October 31, 2022.

Questions related to the Applications or ordering process can also be sent to or call 502-564-4212.

Addiction Services
Crisis Line: 1-800-854-6813 provides resource listings for hundreds of addiction treatment facilities across the state, providing up-to-date and accurate information about their treatment offerings and availability. If you need help finding treatment or have questions about treatment or recovery, contact our partners at the Kentucky HELP Statewide Call Center to speak with a screening and referral specialist Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m.-10 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 pm EST/EDT at 1-877-318-1871. After hours and need assistance? Call the Kentucky Opioid Assistance and Resource Hotline (KY-OAR) at 1-800-854-6813.

Substance Abuse and Mental Health Treatment National Helpline
Crisis line: 1-800-662-HELP (4357); TTY: 1-800-487-4889

The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Treatment National Helpline, (also known as the Treatment Referral Routing Service), provides a confidential, free, 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year, information service, in English and Spanish, for individuals and family members facing mental and/or substance use disorders. This service provides referrals to local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
Overdose Prevention

For assistance in obtaining naloxone, a life-saving overdose reversal drug, visit NEXT Distro. NEXT Distro works to get naloxone to people who use drugs and the people who are the most likely to be a first responder in an opioid overdose emergency. If you encounter someone you suspect is experiencing an overdose, call 911 immediately.

Driver’s Licensing / Motor Vehicle Replacement Paperwork

​Gov. Beshear issued an executive order​ to suspend fees for replacing driver’s licenses, ID cards, permits, motor vehicle registration and titles for residents in the following 13 counties: BreathittClayFloydJohnsonKnottLeslieLetcherMagoffinMartinOwsleyPerryPike and Wolfe. The same order also suspended fees for replacement titles and registrations obtained from county clerks for motor vehicles, mobile homes, boats and ATVs. Residents can also visit any Driver Licensing Regional Offices to request a replacement. Eastern Kentucky regional offices in the affected counties are located in: Manchester, Prestonsburg, Pikeville and Jackson. To schedule an appointment, visit Walk-ins are welcome.

Popup Driver Licensing Services
Popup driver licensing services will be set up to issue replacement driver licenses, permits and state ID cards for flood victims. Replacement fees have been waived. Staff will be on-site at the following locations. Please check back for updates.

Knott County Sportsplex
450 Kenny Champion Loop #8765, Leburn KY 41831
Monday–Saturday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.  
Sundays: 1 to 6 p.m. 

Hazard Community College
First Federal Center, 1 Community Drive, Hazard KY 41701
Monday–Saturday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.  
Sundays: 1 to 6 p.m. 

Letcher County Courthouse, 2nd Floor
156 Main Street, Whitesburg KY 41858​
(Popup will move to another location. Check back for updates).
Monday–Saturday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. 
Sundays: 1 to 6 p.m.

Debris Removal

​The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet has contracted with AshBritt to remove debris from state rights of way (roadsides/property) in the 13-county flood disaster area. Local governments can join the contract for clearing county right of way. The following counties have opted in: Breathitt, Clay, Floyd, Johnson, Knott, Leslie, Letcher, Martin, Owsley, Perry and Pike.

Residents in the counties above may place most types of flood debris on the​ right of way in front of their homes for pickup by AshBritt trucks and crews. This contract does not cover ordinary household trash and recyclables or bagged debris. That will be collected as part of regular trash pickups.

The following types of unbagged debris are eligible for pickup:

  • Construction and demolition materials – non-recyclable building construction materials such as drywall, asphalt shingles, sinks / tubs, floor tiles, etc.; non-recyclable building contents and personal property, such as carpeting/rugs, furniture and clothing.
  • Electronic waste – electrical or electronic devices such as TVs, computers, printers, radios and small appliances.
  • Household hazardous waste – paints, cleaners, oils, batteries, pesticides, etc. Must be in a secured container and not leaking in any way.
  • White goods – large appliances such as stoves, refrigerators, freezers, washing machines and driers. Residents are cautioned to follow local government guidelines for disposal of refrigerators, which must be free of rotted food if placed outside for pickup.
  • Vegetative materials – debris from trees, limbs, brush, leaves.

Guidance on how to sort debris: JPG or PDF

Guidance on where to place debris: JPG or PDF If you were affected by the flooding in Eastern Kentucky that began on July 26 and have needs, would like to help. Whether your need is sheltering, financial assistance or other needs, there may be an organization that can help.

Please register online to help us determine how Team Kentucky and our partners can meet your post-disaster needs.  

Fraud – Natural Disaster Fraud Hotline (Office of the Attorney General)

The Natural Disaster Fraud Hotline helps Kentuckians report fraud related to the severe storms, flooding and mudslides in Eastern Kentucky. Before calling the Natural Disaster Fraud Hotline, Kentuckians are encouraged to gather as many details as possible about the suspected fraud, including details about how the fraud was perpetrated and where it occurred. 

Website: (suspected price gouging) and (scams)
Phone: 502-696-5485
Additional Information: Natural Disaster Scams