The Department of Medicaid Services (DMS) invites you to focus group meetings to talk about home and community based services provided through 1915 (c) waivers. DMS would like to talk with you about how waivers are working now and about how to improve them for the future.
Focus Groups will be held at the following locations:
- Somerset (Tuesday 10/3/17)-Center for Rural Development 2292 South Hwy 27, Somerset KY-Ballroom A & B80 Chenault Rooms
- Prestonsburg (Wednesday 10/4/17)-Big Sandy Area Development District 110 Resource Court, Prestonsburg KY 41653-Meeting Room and Conference Room
- Ashland (Thursday 10/5/17)-The Log Cabin & The Round House, 615 22nd Street, Ashland, KY 41101
- Louisville (Tuesday 10/10/17)-Down Syndrome of Louisville 5001 South Hurstbourne Parkway, Louisville, KY 40291-Sublett Hall & Early Education Classroom
- Lexington (Wednesday 10/11/17)- Indiana Wesleyan University Lexington Campus 2530 Sir Barton Way, Lexington, KY 40509-Rooms 206 & 210
- Florence (Wednesday 10/18/17)-Florence Government Center 8100 Ewing Boulevard, Florence, KY 41041-Community Room A & B
- Frankfort (Thursday 10/19/17-Best Western 80 Chenault Road, Frankfort KY 40601-North & South Meeting Rooms
At each of these locations, DMS will hold four focus groups, one for each of the following categories:
- Individuals currently accessing services or waiting to access services-Afternoon Session
- Caregivers if individuals currently accessing services or waiting to access services-Afternoon Session
- Direct support providers-Morning Session
- HCBS provider owners, operators and managers: Morning Session
Morning Sessions will begin at 9:30 a.m. and last until 11:00 a.m. Afternoon sessions will begin at 2:00 p.m. and last until 3:30 p.m.
Focus groups will offer an opportunity for DMS to have conversations to understand stakeholder’s experience when receiving or providing services through waiver programs. DMS wants to understand what is important to individuals of the Commonwealth, so that we can shape services to meet the needs and wishes of those who participate in home and community based services. DMS also would like to understand first-hand what individuals hope to see improved, as we consider ways to enhance these programs in the future.
Please call 502-564-7540 and ask to speak with Misty Peach or email Misty.Peach@ky.gov, to reserve your spot in a focus group. Please let her know which category and location you wish to attend.
If you are not able to participate in a focus group, we invite you to give DMS your comments by emailing: MedicaidPublicComment@ky.gov