Resources listed on wearebgstrong.com as of 12/17/21:
Overnight shelters are currently available:
- Red Cross at Jennings Creek Elementary 2617 Russellville Rd, some medical services available
- LAMKIN PARK is ready for anyone who needs somewhere to go! We’ve got food, supplies, toiletries, blankets, and tons of air mattresses. PETS ALLOWED! At the jacyee pavilion!! OPEN 24 hrs
- The SOKY Fair location will accept residents with pets. Both have food and beds available.
- Plum Springs Baptist Church
- Bowling Green Area Convention & Visitors Bureau is collecting availability and rates from their lodging partners and sharing with the South Central KY Chapter of the American Red Cross. Please contact them locally at 270-781-7377 or toll-free at 1-800-RED CROSS (733-2767) for assistance. A full list of hotels can be found at https://www.visitbgky.com/hotels/
- Kummer Little Recreation Center will be open all this week from 7 am to 8pm. Kummer Little also has shower facilities available and transportation to Jennings Creek.
- CrossFit Old School at 512 College Street is offering day shelter and use of shower facilities as well, 270-314-1039, Open 5am-8pm daily, Food/Supplies/Clothing, Showers, Washer/Dryer, Pet friendly, Charging stations, WiFi
- Bowling Green Christian Church at 1912 Smallhouse Road is open 10 am to 8 pm and has showers.
- To find a Red Cross Shelter near you call 800-733-2767 or redcross.org
- findhelp.org- to help find resources
Additional Pet Shelters:
If you need Food, Clothing, and basic supplies:
- SOKY Fairgrounds is distributing supplies at JAYCEES Pavilion located at the SOKY Fairgrounds (Lampkin Park) off of Morgantown Rd.
- Feed America Distribution on 12-16-21 (Thursday) starting at 9am at both Michael Buchanon and Ephram White Park Gymnasiums.
- The Lehman Avenue Church of Christ will be handing out relief packages (1002 Lehman Ave)
- New Life Church will be handing out relief packages (1423 Scottsville Rd)
- HOT SHOWERS – Campus Pointe Apartments has showers and toiletries open and available call 270-746-9519 to schedule or walk in at 851 Fields Drive, Bowling Green KY
- Walmart Bowling Green Morgantown Rd – has showering pods and washing and drying machines set up on their parking lot in front of the garden center. Pods are open to anyone displaced, without electric or without hot water. Services will also be available for any emergency service personnel. Pods will be open 6am-5pm every day
- Food Bank – All County High Schools have bagged meals with breakfast and lunch between 11:00am-12:30pm M-F
If You Are Looking For a Loved One From Out of Town:
- Call 270-393-4116 to inquire
If You Need Need Mental Health or Case Management Resources:
- Call LifeSkills Crisis Hotline at 1-800-223-8913 or 211
If you have a Gas Outage or service interruption:
- EMERGENCY Hotline 866-322-8667
- Atmos Energy 888-286-6700
- Natural gas safety tips atmosenergy.com/tornado
If You Are Out of Power:
- BGMU has mapped out the accounts still without power and is working with multiple crews from several communities from KY, TN and GA to restore poles and lines as quickly as possible.
- To report a down line refer to online services or call BGMU at 270-782-1200 or WRECC 270-842-6541
If You Are Affected By BGMU Fiber Outage:
A major fiber trunk line on Russellville Road was lost on 12/12 and crews are working to reinstall. Repair crews are also enroute to assist with repair of six smaller segments.
If you Need Transportation:
GoBG Transit phone system is back up and operational. If you need information please call (270) 782-3163. Routes 3 Green and 4 Yellow are still operating on a diverted status or taking alternate turns. Please let GoBG know if you are waiting for bus service we can help you find out where your bus is.
If your vehicle was damaged:
- Triple Crown Auto Glass of KY is offering tornado victims free crash wrap (Crash Wrap helps protect the inside of your vehicle while your vehicles parts are waiting to arrive) Call 270-282-0088
- The Disabled American Veterans organization will be giving out care packages and monetary donations to veterans in need at the Veterans Alliance Center in Fairview Plaza Shopping Center from 8am-4pm
- Qualifying questions will be asked of those veterans who are not in possession of proof of military service
- (270) 498-8510 those in need of diapers