How KY-SPIN is handling the COVID-19 Pandemic
Kentucky-Special Parent Involvement Network (KY-SPIN) is dedicated to serving the needs of Kentuckians with disabilities, their parents/families and professionals throughout our great state. Our staff are working remotely. Now more than ever as we all navigate this uncharted territory with COVID-19 we are here for you. All of our staff are persons with disabilities and/or parents/family members of those who have a disability. Many persons with disabilities are at high risk to COVID-19. Our children and families safety is our top priority!
We have compiled resources and guidance below as it becomes available, from trusted sources such as the Kentucky Department of Education, and the US Department of Education among others.
We are working hard to schedule a variety of trainings/information sessions virtually through webinar/zoom/etc. that will be offered at various dates and times to meet the needs of our families. We will keep you posted through our website, eNews and social media.
Wishing you all peace and safety, you are not alone and we will get through this together!
Videos & Webinars
Important Guidance/Information/Resources related Education of our children/Youth who have disabilities
- CDC - Operational Strategy for K-12 Schools through Phased Mitigation (02/02/2021)
- US Dept. ED COVID-19 Handbook Volume 1- Strategies for Safely Reopening Elementary and Secondary Schools (02/01/2021)
- OSEP COVID-19 Questions & Answers: Implementation of IDEA Part C Provision of Services (10/21/2020)
- OSEP COVID-19 Questions & Answers: Implementation of IDEA Part B Provision of Services (09/28/2020)
- KDE SB 128 FAQ Guidance for Schools and Districts (04/16/2021)
- KDE Guidance for Schools and Districts - Senate Bill 128 Supplemental School Year Program 2.0 (04/16/2021)
- KDE Admissions and Release Committee Guide to Free Appropriate Public Education and Compensatory Education (04/15/2021)
- KDE COVID 19 Guidance 2.0 FINAL (Updated 3-31-21) (03/31/2021)
- KDE Guidance on Safety Expectations and Best Practices for Kentucky Schools (K-12) Interim Guidance as of March 31, 2021 (03/31/2021)
- KDE COVID-19 Considerations for Schools and Districts HB 208 Changes to Non-Traditional Instruction (Updated 3-17-21) (03/17/2021)
- COVID-19 Participation in Spring 2021 Kentucky State Testing (03/11/2021)
- KDE 2020-2021 Assessment Guidance Document (03/11/2021)
- KDE COVID-19 Considerations for Schools and Districts-HB 208 Changes to Non-Traditional Instruction (03/09/2021)
- KDE COVID-19 Guidance for Schools Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund II (ESSER II) (02/19/2021)
- KDE Decisions Regarding Promotion or Retention (02/08/2021)
- COVID-19 Considerations for Reopening Schools Orientation And Targeted Services (Updated 12-1-20) (12/01/2020)
- KDE Guidance: COVID-19 Considerations for Reopening Schools: Q&A for Parents of Children with Disabilities (10/16/2020)
- COVID -19 Considerations for Reopening Schools - Exceptional Learners and Preschool Students (UPDATED - September 10, 2020) (09/17/2020)
Check out Great Resources This year the 2020 theme “Communication At Work”, has an additional focus. With the event of COVID-19, the campaign has been expanded to include “BHSM 2020: Preventing and Managing Communication Disorders during COVID-19.”