How KY-SPIN is handling the COVID-19 Pandemic
Kentucky-Special Parent Involvement Network (KY-SPIN) is dedicated to serving the needs of Kentuckians with disabilities, their parents/families and professionals throughout our great state. Our staff are working remotely. Now more than ever as we all navigate this uncharted territory with COVID-19 we are here for you. All of our staff are persons with disabilities and/or parents/family members of those who have a disability. Many persons with disabilities are at high risk to COVID-19. Our children and families safety is our top priority!
We have compiled resources and guidance below as it becomes available, from trusted sources such as the Kentucky Department of Education, and the US Department of Education among others.
We are working hard to schedule a variety of trainings/information sessions virtually through webinar/zoom/etc. that will be offered at various dates and times to meet the needs of our families. We will keep you posted through our website, eNews and social media.
Wishing you all peace and safety, you are not alone and we will get through this together!
Follow us on Social Media
Important Guidance/Information/Resources related Education of our children/Youth who have disabilities
- OSEP & OCR "Long COVID" under Section 504 and the IDEA (07/26/2021)
By: KY Department of Education
- KDE Admissions and Release Committee Guide to Free Appropriate Public Education and Compensatory Education (04/15/2021)
- KDE COVID 19 Guidance 2.0 FINAL (Updated 3-31-21) (03/31/2021)
The Office for Civil Rights (OCR) at the U.S. Department of Education released webinar(s) on ensuring web accessibility for students with disabilities for schools utilizing online learning during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. In addition, OCR published resource(s) for education leaders[...]
- HHS and DOJ Issue Guidance on “Long COVID” and Disability Rights Under the ADA, Section 504, and Section 1557 Press Release (07/26/2021)
- HHS & DOJ-OCR Guidance on Long COVID as a Disability Under the ADA, Section 504, and Section 1557 (07/26/2021)
Information and Resources for Covid-19
Department for Aging and Independent Living (DAIL) & the Kentucky Transportation Department are partnering to assist individuals with disabilities obtain transportation services for COVID testing appointments. Individuals with disabilities who need this service can contact the Aging and Disability Resource[...]
- Youtube video (08/10/2020)
By: FND & SEDNET
Maintain Routines: Continue established routines to find comfort and stability. Keep Moving: Physical activity is critical for emotional regulation. Create a Daily List: Make one that's achievable and realistic. Write it Down: Keep track of your emotions and responses; act[...]
- 10 Strategies to Manage Your Wellness During a Crisis (05/08/2020)
- Feeding Kentucky (04/25/2020)
- God’s Pantry Food Bank (04/25/2020)
By: Cabinet for Health and Family Services
KY Cabinet for Health and Family Services: Division of Community Alternatives COVID-19 provides information for 1915(c) HCBS Waivers. Due to confusion over the process during the COVID-19 state of emergency, the Department for Aging and Independent Living (DAIL) is[...]
- Letter to Providers and Participants in 1915(c) Home and Community Based Services Waivers: Respite hours use during NTI (KY Dept. of Medicaid) (11/24/2020)
- HCBS Waiver (04/24/2020)
- HCBS Waiver (04/07/2020)
- Division of Community Alternatives COVID-19 Information for 1915(c) HCBS Waivers (03/25/2020)
- COVID-19 information from the Department for Public Health (03/25/2020)
@GovAndyBeshear tweets: Yesterday we outlined our #HealthyatWork plan for reopening our economy safely. You can see the phased approach at https://t.co/IJtsveXFsn, including benchmarks and guidance for businesses seeking to reopen. #TeamKentucky #TogetherKy #Patriot pic.twitter.com/ERskhsBKvo — Governor Andy Beshear (@GovAndyBeshear) April[...]
- Healthy at Work (04/22/2020)