How KY-SPIN is handling the COVID-19 Pandemic
Kentucky-Special Parent Involvement Network (KY-SPIN) is dedicated to serving the needs of Kentuckians with disabilities, their parents/families and professionals throughout our great state. Our staff are working remotely. Now more than ever as we all navigate this uncharted territory with COVID-19 we are here for you. All of our staff are persons with disabilities and/or parents/family members of those who have a disability. Many persons with disabilities are at high risk to COVID-19. Our children and families safety is our top priority!
We have compiled resources and guidance below as it becomes available, from trusted sources such as the Kentucky Department of Education, and the US Department of Education among others.
We are working hard to schedule a variety of trainings/information sessions virtually through webinar/zoom/etc. that will be offered at various dates and times to meet the needs of our families. We will keep you posted through our website, eNews and social media.
Wishing you all peace and safety, you are not alone and we will get through this together!
Videos & Webinars
KY-SPIN's Coronavirus (COVID-19) Webpage KY-SPIN's Video/Webinar Library Webpage
Important Guidance/Information/Resources related Education of our children/Youth who have disabilities
- Public comment sought on proposed alternate assessment waiver Press Release (10/21/2020)
- KPH: P-EBT Funding A second round of student meals through the Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) program is coming, Tatman said. Eligibility is based on participation in the National School Lunch Program, school start dates and instruction methods. Some students may not get their new P-EBT cards until November. All questions about P-EBT should be directed to the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services at (855) 306-8959. (09/30/2020)
- KDE &KPH COVID-19 Mode of Instruction Metrics for K-12 Education (UPDATED - September 29, 2020) (09/29/2020)
- To see the current map at anytime to use with Mode of Instruction Metrics for K-12 Education for your school district (09/14/2020)
- KDE releases guidance on gauging COVID-19 learning gaps (07/13/2020)
- Non-Regulatory Guidance Regarding the Implementation of the Non-Traditional Instruction Program (NTI) for Students with Individual Education Programs (IEPs) During Novel Coronavirus Pandemic (03/11/2020)
- COVID-19 Resources for Special Education and Early Learning (03/11/2020)
- KDE Guidance: COVID-19 Considerations for Reopening Schools: Q&A for Parents of Children with Disabilities (10/16/2020)
- COVID -19 Considerations for Reopening Schools - Exceptional Learners and Preschool Students (UPDATED - September 17, 2020) (09/17/2020)
- KDE releases new COVID-19 reopening guidance documents on exceptional learners, compensatory education, daily participation for NTI (07/20/2020)
- KDE guidance on alternative learning strategies for reopening schools (06/08/2020)
- COVID-19 Considerations for Reopening Schools: Alternative Learning Design Strategies (06/08/2020)
New units will be added often
Check out Great Resources This year the 2020 theme “Communication At Work”, has an additional focus. With the event of COVID-19, the campaign has been expanded to include “BHSM 2020: Preventing and Managing Communication Disorders during COVID-19.”